Friday, December 30, 2011

My own Year in Review


“A high station in life is earned by the gallantry with which appalling experiences are survived with grace.Tennessee Williams

It’s time for my own version of this and some reflecting of my own.  A friend sent me an email suggesting some things to ponder and so I share some of that with you.   This year I got brave, I married someone, which by the way, is not an easy task when you have lived most of your adult years as unmarried.  I applied for a grant making myself known to arts organizations and professionals in the field which made me have to overcome a lot of my own inadequacies and lack of confidence.  I began the process of creating a new piece of work.  I took on a role in a play that I didn’t feel qualified or prepared to do but took it on anyway and feel more in touch and connected and grateful for this experience.  I started to let go of things that weren’t working anymore and weren’t my responsibility to begin with, including some relationships.    I faced some setbacks, not getting the grant, losing my kitty, not having a business work the way I hoped it would.   And so as the door closes on 2011, I say goodbye to some things and open to others.  The intentions stay with me, to say yes to opportunities that would further me as an actor or writer, that I check in with myself and not take on too much, that I strengthen the relationships that I have by being present with those people I cherish and to make myself available to the possibilities rather than be trudging through the doubts and fears.    And I give myself permission to change my mind about any of it at anytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment