Friday, November 2, 2012

Finding peace in chaos

I feel inadequate in trying to describe the past few days.  Watching the devastation left by Hurricane Sandy through the lens of the media solidifies a few things for me:
1.  Being present means being present with what is.  Not what it should be, what I should think about it, how I should feel about it.  Just what is.
2.  Staying with this thought from a recent workshop: "You wouldn't walk up to someone who is standing in their pajamas with their three kids in their pajamas, watching their family home burn to the ground and say 'it's all good.  there's a reason for everything.'  That's abusive." It's called hug your neighbor, don't put a band-aid on a chest wound.
3.  Can I be a part of the solution?

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness" Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment