Tuesday, April 19, 2011

17/18/19 April is National Poetry Month

17.  Why?
Why did I decide that writing a poem a day would be a good idea?
Why did I decide to embrace my creativity instead of stifle it?
Why did I decide that 3 yoga classes in one day is a sane thing to do?
Why did I decide to do yoga again the day after?
Why did I decide to get another crazy cat?
Why did I decide that I liked cats?
Why did I decide to eat a whole bag of chocolate covered gluten free pretzels?
Why did I decide to continue to eat afterwards?
These are the questions....

18.  Haiku for the day:  Cats

Sharpening your claws
testing, preparing, killing

thanks for the flat tire

19.  Love

Love is when you don't kill the cat
who used your bike tire as the sharpener for his claws.
Love is the when you don't kill the boyfriend
for losing his wallet/phone/fill in the blank and ask you for the millionth time where that might be.
Love is when you don't kill yourself
because you are lucky to have any of the above items and they mean that you are lovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment