Friday, May 13, 2011

Midnight Blue - a love poem to artists

Art by Cathleene Cienfuegos
The color of the sky at midnight is blue.
This was news to me.
The painting she was creating,
as the song on the radio
inspired by this awareness.

It is these little things that illuminate my holes in perception
These things I do not see, feel or experience.  
I wonder what I've missed and what I'm missing.


If it wasn't for those who see these pieces of life
notice, pause, breathe, take in, experience
and translate them into expressions.

This wasn't how this poem was to turn out
but I put it to paper anyway
it's important sometimes to just say things
if not well then just say them.

Your art transforms my world
makes me see things
sometimes for the first time

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment